As an organisation which involves volunteers, there are so many things to think of. Where will I recruit my next volunteer? What expenses am I allowed to give to my volunteers? Who else is recruiting volunteers in Greenwich?
VCG is here to support you with all these points. Whether you are new to volunteer management, or are a pro and want to be kept up to date, VCG’s membership services can provide all the best practical support you need.
On top of this, VCG operates a volunteering signposting network, publicising your volunteering opportunities to Greenwich residents. Whether it be through our drop in service, online at www.do-it.org, or a one-to-one appointment at one of our many appointment sites through the borough, you can be assured that local people are hearing about volunteering with you.
To access these services, first you will need to become a member of VCG. Membership is free and, as a member, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Registration of your volunteering opportunities on V-Base, allowing VCG to publicise your opportunities:
- Though our unique outreach signposting network throughout Greenwich.
- Through our weekly drop in service.
- Online on the national volunteering website, Do-it.
- A volunteer management health check for your organisation or project
- Support in signing up for the London Volunteer Management Charter
- Quarterly editions of “Volunteer Now” magazine for your volunteers
- Subsidised rates for advertising in “Volunteer Now” magazine
- Invitations and free attendance at VCG’s Volunteer Managers Forums
- Access to the members only area of VCG’s website with downloadable documents
- Opportunity to vote at VCG General Meetings
- Subsidised rates for VCG Best Practice Workshops
- Subsidised Volunteer Management Guide
- Support from VCG’s specialist projects, where offered
- Important volunteer management updates to your email inbox
- Special consultancy rates for members
Membership also entitles you to nominate someone to the Volunteer Centre Greenwich Board of Trustees.
Membership Services Fees table
If you wish to find out more about this, or any of the membership benefits listed, please contact VCG Membership Services at Stephanie@volunteersgreenwich.co.uk, or call the Centre.
Interested? Registration is free and simple. Register with us today.